The use of right packing material is a pre-requisite for safe and secured
packing. Find out here the various packing supplies used in packing and moving. Packing supplies include book box, tote wrap, bubble wrap, gunny bags and many more such items...
use of right packing material is a pre-requisite for safe and secured
packing. It is essential to prevent damage and at the same time organize
things in a better manner so that unpacking is equally safe and time saving.
To fulfill these requirements, a large number of packing supplies is
available in the market.
These packing materials are manufactured especially to meet the moving
industry specifications. From protective paper, strapping products, labels,
cushioning materials and bags to shipping envelopes, there are several
Amongst the above mentioned categories, a few of the commonly
used packing supplies along with their purpose are as below:
Other than the above, a few other supplies are:
- Book Box : These small cartons are designed for packing heavy
items, such as books, records, CD's, and canned goods.
- Legal Tote Box : This box is specially designed for keeping
files and folders. The specialty is that the compartmentalization is
good and it does not cause any harm to the appearance of the file.
- Medium Sized Box : This box is designed for non-fragile and
moderately heavy items, such as pots, pans, linen, folded clothes, toys,
- Large Box : It is used to carry all large, bulky articles but
relatively very light items like pillows, comforters, lamp shades etc
- Dish / China Pack Box : This box has double extra thick walls
specifically designed for dishes, vases, glasses and other fragile
items. Cell packs separator for china or glassware, with individual
compartments for the items, can also be used.
- Mirror or Picture Box : These narrow boxes accommodate
different sized mirrors, paintings, other fragile items and flat items.
- Sandwich Bags : These are used to hold appliance / furniture
- Wardrobe Box with metal bar : This box is equipped with a
metal bar so clothes can be hanged and can be ready to wear after
- Mattress Box : To accommodate the mattresses of various
- Tape : The most common tape used for carton sealing is a
plastic tape called "PVC".
- Tissue Paper : This can be used to pack up delicate or easily
broken items by layering it over an over again.
- Bubble Wrap : This is a cushioning material that acts as a
shock absorber and protects the item wrapped within to get damaged.
- Styrofoam Peanuts : Packing material used to protect fragile
items. This material is lightweight, clean, lint-free and dustless and
- Ziploc Bags : These can be used for an assortment of things
including small bits and pieces that are lying about in containers and
- Gunny Bags
- Wooden Crates
- Shrink/Stretch Wrap
- Moving Pads
- Plastic Sheets/Tarp
||Legal Tote Box
|Medium Sized Box
|Dish / China Pack Box
||Mirror or Picture Box