Apart from the residential or household goods, the demand for relocation of
office/commercial / industrial goods is also picking up fast. This is
essentially because the professionals in the field of moving and packing do
the task more effectively, economically and speedily. So, while the client
focuses on the business, the service providers concentrate on the hassle
Customers in freight transportation, logistics, warehousing and supply
chain management specially benefit from highly advanced moving and packing
Some of the common items that are moved by the movers and packers are:
- Office Furniture
- Machineries Components
- Electronic Control Panels
- Multi-task Computers
- Laboratory Equipment
- Technical Equipment
- Documents and Papers
- Files and Folders
- Inventory or Stock
- Medical Equipment
- Communications Equipment
- Office Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Exercise Equipment
- Office Fixtures
Office Relocation Checklist
- Select a movers and packers company who is specialized and experienced in corporate/office relocation. A corporate mover is not the same as a residential mover.
- You as the owner of the company or any concerned person for that job must plan every thing well in advance so that relocation process does not disturb the routine work or business of the company.
- Prepare an Office Moving Guide where you include all information about the new office like location map of the new office, blue print of the whole office, employees seating position etc. Pass this information to all who are connected with the office.
- Let everyone connected to your organization like your clients, postal department etc. know about the change of address.
- Label every item of your office with their location to be placed at. This would enable you to manage everything easily and quickly.
- While transferring technological machines it is always better to hire a professional to unfix and fix.
- Move valuable or personal items like legal papers, security documents, cash or other valuables under proper security.
- Your movers and packers company should allow few people among your staff to move with their staff so that the packing, unpacking and rearranging are also supervised.
- Consider moving on a weekend when the office has less people.
- Empty all desks, shelves, bookcases and drawers and place them in safe cartons.
- If the cabinets in the office cannot be emptied, make sure that they are properly locked.
- Electronic machinery, computers should be handled with care. Take a professional help to dismantle them properly and keep their parts and small screws in place.
- Water dispensers and vending machines must be emptied before relocating.