October 21, 2014 -
An important aspect of any relocation is the packing and shifting of furniture from one place to another. Whether for household relocation or corporate relocation, furniture shifting is a must. Irrespective of the reasons for relocation, people tend to shift their furniture with them. And since furniture items are heavy and also expensive it is very essential to take professional advise for moving and packing. It is here the role of a furniture mover is required. Though for all movers and packers, furniture moving is always a part of their services offered, there are some specialized movers packers that are assigned the task of only moving and packing furniture.
Role of Furniture Movers
The main role of a furniture mover is to deliver the products on time and in the same condition in which it was received. Navigational routes have to be mapped properly so that there is no delay of time in delivering whether the move is local or cross-country and also the routes chosen are in good conditions. The role of the furniture mover also includes proper packing of the furniture pieces with the right packing material so as to protect furniture from damage. The moving company should know exactly what materials are needed like packing boxes, blankets for protecting the products against nicks and scratches. Dismantling furniture for easier transport is part of the job of the furniture movers and he should have all tools ready with him. Moreover, the furniture mover should have the ability to calculate exactly the size of the vehicle needed to accommodate the furniture being transferred. He has to consider the size and weight of the furniture pieces so that they can be efficiently fitted into the vehicle without any damage. Knowledge of payload balancing is essential so that the furniture mover does not overload one side of the truck, which can be very dangerous while moving. Besides this, the furniture moving companies should have knowledge of preparing contracts, invoices and documents regarding liability limitations and, other interstate requirements. For details check out How to Move and Pack Furniture?
Plan Before You Move Your Furniture
- Before moving the furniture, count the number of furniture pieces. Your furniture mover should know exactly the total number of piece that need to be moved.
- You should check with your furniture moving company whether he uses trolley for moving furniture or not. To move your furniture effectively at a low cost, loading and unloading need to be done with care and trolleys are safest option for this.
- You as a customer need to be very conscious while doing the paper work or sign any deal with the furniture movers. The cost and moving time should discussed before signing up a professional mover.
- For a more organized shifting, cartons and packing boxes need to properly labeled. You can do the labeling yourself once all the items are packed by the movers packers.
- Also it is advisable to complete any work in your new home before moving the furniture.
- Compare the rates offered by various service providers for moving your furniture before hiring one.
- Also check whether your furniture mover provides insurance or not.
- To select the right furniture movers, check out his credibility and reliable from other customers.