rules for relocation in the same country or a foreign country are different.
They vary from region to region in case of domestic movement and are
different for various countries. The individuals, whether shifting singly or
with family, must get the rules cleared out from the relocation agency.
Some of the rules for movement of individuals are:
- The owner must be present in the country and original passport must
be presented to the customs at the time of clearance of the goods.
Insisting for owner's presence is custom's prerogative and can not be
- The insurance value need not be declared to the customs.
- The customs value may be different than the one calculated by the
individuals and is assessed at cost and depreciation is allowed for used
- Custom authorities may carry out a random check of the shipment.
- Items declared for duty are normally checked.
- If the goods are to be moved in a different city, local authorities
may also check the shipment at the check posts.
- Transfer of residence benefits can be granted to only one member of
the family. Once this facility is availed, the owner should stay in
India for a minimum period of one year. However, a letter of request for
a short overseas visit and undertaking to return has to be furnished to
- Custom clearance can be carried out at the port of entry.
- Container can not be taken to owner's residence for vacating. The
container is emptied as soon the shipment arrives and kept in customs
Information for moving/ relocating offices or
When the entire office or commercial set up has to move,
nationally or internationally, the state and country laws must be kept in
mind. The players in the movers and packers industry are well versed with
all these regulations and accordingly undertake the relocation process.
A few of the guidelines for moving of office or companies:
- For destination near an inland container depot (such as New Delhi,
Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ludhiana etc, in India) route on liner bill lading
must be done through to inland container depot. This is advantageous and
as well as cost saving.
- All containers, except the diplomatic, have to be destuffed at
- The owner's arrival date in India must be got as there is a time
- Air way bill / bill of loading is to be consigned in the name of the
owner with the address of destination to avoid local entry taxes,
- All documents should be in English.
- Custom declaration forms is to be signed by the owner.
- Owner should contact the relocator after arrival in the country of
destination, to have a smooth clearance,
For Moving Pets
from one country to another requires fulfilling certain conditions placed by both the countries- from where pet is moving and the destination country where the pets will be shipped. These rules for international pet transport can be termed as pet export requirements and pet import requirements respectively. Most of the times, these rules for moving pets pertain to the health and vaccination status of the pets. However, pet relocation of endangered species is regulated by
(the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) that protects not only endangered species but also species that might become endangered due to international trade. Persons moving with an exotic species must check the CITES Species Database to ensure whether their pet is protected and must follow the CITES guidelines accordingly.